Usability is an important factor for improving the indicators in order to promote the site to the top positions in search engines. Translated from English means “usability.” Its task is to detain a visitor on the site so that he finds useful information for himself. If the web resource contains everything that the guest expected to see on it, incoming traffic is converted into calls and calls. The principles are laid during the development of the site. For this purpose, a certain set of functions and controls is created. Attendance of the Internet resource is checked with the help of special programs (for example, pr-cy.ru, seogadget.ru, 2ip.ru, etc.). If the popularity of the portal is not very high, you can always affect them. To do this, you need to analyze the navigation of the site and revise the methods.
The more clear the navigation of the resource, the more visitors will come, and the higher the percentage of sales (orders). In other words, a user-friendly website enhances its conversion and turns visitors into customers.
What parameters improve the site’s usability?
1. Speed of loading pages. It greatly influences the decision of a potential client to visit your site.
A typical problem: the page is loaded for too long, causing the visitor goes to the other.
2. Main page. Remember? Meet on the clothes. You will not come to the award Oscar in a dressing gown, bath slippers and a towel on your head? Similarly, the design of the site – it is done in accordance with the subject. What is more interesting for the target audience of the car dealer: photo of a foreign car or a pretty cat with a bow around his neck? The answer is obvious.
A typical problem: Home “cluttered” information is not on, and the user does not see where he found what he needed.
Yield: Arrange all “on the shelves”, leave only the information of direct relevance to the theme of the website and the customer needs.
3. Visual effects. They have different effects on the visitor’s time on the site: they can contribute to both increase and decrease.
A typical problem: adverse effects. What did you personally do when you could not read the text of interest because of the pop-up window with the offer to subscribe to the newsletter? Most likely, they returned to the search results and switched to another resource. Your potential customers do the same.
1) check your available inventory for a self-reproducing video, omnipresent advertising and so on. N. Persistence visitors usually do not like.Do not let this happen;
2) add useful effects. For example, a “pop-up” online chat. The scheme is simple: in case a guest has a resource of questions, he immediately sets them in a dialog box. An experienced employee on the other side of the screen instantly provides answers. You can also use hello bar – an additional window that hangs at the top of the page and entices the visitor to make a link or subscribe to a group on social networks, buy goods at discounted prices, etc. The chances of turning this visitor into a client are undoubtedly increased. Like the conversion of the site.
4. The rules read: convenient navigation -> convenience of movement on the site -> convenience of purchase -> the success of the resource.
A typical problem: the lack of navigation buttons that simplify the use of the resource.
Yield: add to the main page feedback icon ( “call”, “place your order”, “Add to cart”, etc…). It is desirable to place on all pages a return button or “bread crumbs” (the ability to return to the previous subsection or exit to the main).
5. Motivation to action. It can be a call to action – a call, buying, writing, review, and so on..
A typical problem: sell the product and make sure not offer to buy it. If you are not sure that it should be bought, then it is difficult to convince the potential buyer.
Output: push the visitor to take action. At least an exclamation mark at the end of a catch phrase or a word. And it is better to use a call expressed by an imperative mood (“write”, “call”, “buy”, etc.).
6. Maximum benefit. The client needs to be made to feel that it is your resource that will help him to complete the search.
A typical problem is irrelevant and inappropriate information in market conditions.
Yield: Watch out for offers business opponents, market trends and new products, add / remove information as necessary, insert additional selling units. The purpose of your business and Internet resource in particular is to satisfy the visitor’s need. And remember the competition -it is always there, even in a rather unique and rare products (services). Make your resource extremely effective for the client.
7. Measure in all. Too much information can confuse an Internet visitor and force him to leave the site.
A typical problem: the creators of the resource is not too understand what is actually necessary to the target audience.
Yield: remove all unnecessary blocks. Leave only those that would interest you personally, whether you are a visitor to this web resource.
8. Placing information on the “F-pattern” principle. Studies confirm: the first line of text the visitor reads completely, the next – about half, in all the others draws attention only to the beginning.
A typical problem: the creators of the web resource does not take into account the psychology of the visitors and place the information in the order, which on its own criteria is considered the best.
Output: the most important information is placed in the left side of the screen. For the secondary one, the right one is also suitable, since in case of interest the visitor will continue to get acquainted with the web-resource and the offered goods (services). For efficiency analytics, you can use, for example, the WebVisor of Yandex.
9. Text content and its design. The articles posted on the web site are simply OBLIGED to be useful to the target audience, and, equally importantly, literate.
1) errors. Incorrectly written words and missed punctuation marks spoil the portal’s reputation. There is a danger that a potential customer will have a thought like “illiterate texts – illiterate resource owners, poor-quality goods (services)”. Follow the written, because the disappointed visitor is not a sparrow: will fly out from the site – you will not catch it;
2) enticing title. The purpose of the placement is to attract the visitor’s attention. He just has to click on the text. It is desirable, of course, that the written one justifies his expectations;
3) “water”. The text should help the visitor determine the choice, push to buy (order). In extra words, a potential customer will simply drown;
4) the length and style of the articles. No one will read solid texts. They should be broken into paragraphs with sub-headings. The era of imitation of the style of Dostoevsky passed. Long sentences with a mass of participial and participial turns frighten and confuse the reader.Information should preferably be presented in short Dovlatov style. Sergei Donatovich is now in a trend;
5) font. Too small tires and causes nausea, too large dissipates attention and irritates. Optimal – 14 or 16 pt;
6) color. For text, use black instead. If you use links, paint them in blue or blue, because this is the usual color for most Internet users to go to the specified page;
7) pictures and photos. Do not oversaturate the text. Images should only complement what they have written.
Exit: to take into account all of the above.
10. Video content. What interests the visitors almost the most. It’s one thing to look at the picture of the product and read its characteristics, the other is to see the instruction for use.
1) the lack of video content on the web resource;
2) video content does not correspond to the subject matter;
3) boring and uninteresting video content.
Output:.. Feel free to post videos on the site, that is, to the presence of the roller on the proposed goods (services) increases the interest of the visitor. The material must comply with the subject of the site and the expectations of the visitor. It should not be too long. Quality also plays a role: the poor performance of the operator and the video engineer can scare away the potential client.
11. Advertising. In our time without it. It is the main engine of many projects.
A typical problem: reloading the main page of the site with advertisements or not thematic posters. For this reason, you risk losing a customer.He will just run away like a bride from a crown, and he will find a new groom, that is, another resource.
Exit: Highlight in ad space somewhere in the side to look at her fallen after reading the basic information.
12. Adapting a web resource for mobile devices. Remember about it always! This is a modern MUST HAVE for every owner of an Internet resource, since most people visit sites via mobile devices.
A typical problem: often the creators of the web resource to forget about what the site should look full and attractive to any gadget. The most common omission is Safari, the IOS search engine. Oddly enough, very often flaws are found in versions for laptops, tablets and Apple phones.
Output: the opposite problem. Adapt your site to existing search engines. Let everyone who uses phones and tablets also learn about you and what you offer on your Internet resource! If the budget allows, the best option is to create a mobile application.
We hope that our tips help you increase your conversion. If we missed something very important in your opinion, please write about it in the comments. The universe will not forget this for you.